Are you our next Front-end and visualisation developer?
In the transition to autonomous operations Hyke ferries will evolve from being operated via a wheelhouse to being guided remotely. As a part of this journey, effective human machine interfaces will be critical to safe operations and understanding the ever-increasing amount of sensor data. Hyke is looking for a developer that can build applications for effectively keeping the human-in-the-loop and visualising the outputs from our situational awareness and control systems.
Our autonomy system uses a wide range of sensor to ensure a good situational awareness. It is tracking its own position in the environment, as well as other objects and how they move in relation to it. In this position, you will be responsible for translating all this information into a format that can be understood by humans. It can be a person onboard the vessel, or someone working in a remote-control centre far away. You will combine camera views with input from other sensors and create birds eye view representations of the operation area. This visualization can run on desktop, web or even in mobile apps.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Develop applications for monitoring and control of vessel system functions
- Develop front-end interfaces for displaying object identification and tracking as well as other information relevant to situational awareness
- Explore and implement extended reality views for enhanced situational awareness
- Develop front-end applications for vessel guidance as well overviews of vessel and fleet operations
- Validate and test in real and simulated environments
We believe that our next Front-end and Visualisation Developer has the following qualifications and experience:
- Bsc/MSc Computer Science / Engineering
- Theoretical background knowledge in application development with a focus on front-end interfaces and visualisation including best practices for human machine interfaces
- 2+ years of relevant experience in related field will be an advantage, but we also encourage new graduates to apply
- Evidence of individual contribution to visualisation projects or human machine interfaces
- Experience of one or more technologies for creating user interfaces and displaying real time dynamic data which may include for example: Vue JS, Angular JS, React JS, OpenGL, WebGL, Qt, HTML5, and CSS (You will be able to influence and select the best frameworks and programming languages for the purpose)
- Experience with UX design is an advantage
- Experience with XR is an advantage
As a person, we believe that you are:
- Flexible, inquisitive, open, and forever eager to learn new things
- Self-driven and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- You feel a sense of responsibility and urgency in getting things done
- Interested in working in a fast-growing startup
- Passionate about urban mobility and sustainability
If you become a part of our growing team, we can offer you:
- An exciting opportunity to be a part of creating the next generation of waterborne mobility.
- Become a part of our small multi-discipline team with substantive growth ambitions.
- Flexibility in work hours and location. While the position is firmly rooted in Oslo, our ambitions are global.
- Be a part of the Eker Group family – where we believe that Passion powers progress!
Apply by 25.05.2022